PELVIC FLOOR WORKSHOP (FOR EVERYONE) with Julie Flowers
The floor of the pelvis is made up of muscles called the Pelvic Floor. They stretch like a hammock. They support bladder and bowels in men and women and the uterus in women.
If the pelvic floor is not conditioned, it can lead to incontinence, poor activation of the core muscles & lower back pain. If it is over active it can lead to the same issues.
Are you seeing more and more adult incontinence products in the supermarket? This shows a weak pelvic floor has become acceptable with age. This can be reversed if you get to it in time.
Learn things about the pelvic floor you may not know, how to keep it conditioned for your entire life. Why you don't always want to contract it. What exercises to do outside of the pilates class. Incontinence is not normal!
Suitable for everyone including pregnant & post natal women.
Saturday September 19, 11 to 12, St Leonards studio. $35 for members, $50 for non-members.
RETURN TO LIFE September Challenge
- Increase strength and fitness
- Lose weight eating nutritious and simple meals
- Form a healthy relationship with food
- Save time and money through food planning and preparation
- How to read food labels
- How to choose the best option when eating out
- Lifestyle and stress management tips to help you wake up feeling energised
- Four classes per week including @Home zoom classes. Reformer, Barre & Yin stretch
- Welcome meeting with Wellness coach, Kelly (can be done via Zoom)
- Private Facebook Support Group
- Celebrate your success together as a group
- Weekly prizes & Major prize
- Challenge T-shirt
- and so much more...
Joseph Pilates said "Not only is health a normal condition, but it is our duty to not just attain it but to maintain it"